Desso launches new carpet collection
, May 30, 2013
Desso, a leading European carpet and sports pitches manufacturer, has launched a new carpet collection in the Middle East region.
Desso Light Reflection Master can increase the brightness of a room by up to 14 per cent , and can cut lighting bills by up to 10 per cent, offering clients both savings in energy and costs, said a statement.
“The Desso Light Reflection Master collection consists of a range of light shaded carpet tiles, increasing the light reflection in a room. The higher the reflection, the less artificial light is required. As a result lighting costs can be reduced, saving energy and reducing carbon emissions,” said Andre Dulka, regional director, Middle East, Africa & India, Desso.
External and independent tests indicate that carpets with high light reflectance values (LRV) can improve the brightness on the office walls and ceilings, it said.
LRV is a measure that is used primarily in the interior and design world and is the total quantity of visible and usable light (of all wavelengths and in every direction) reflected by surfaces that are illuminated by a light source .
“A lighter environment produces greater light reflection. More specifically, ceilings, walls and floors can be designed to produce greater levels of light reflection because they cover large surfaces areas as well,” added Dulka. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November