Durrat Marina launches new retail project
Manama, June 9, 2013
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, is all set to launch its first stage of a retail development that will run alongside its marina project, spanning 200 meters in length.
This achievement comes after the company's successful launch of its three key elements within the first phase; the villas, residential apartments, and a vibrant marina, said a senior official.
"Durrat Marina, located just north of Durrat Al Bahrain, has garnered interest from more and more people seeking either a weekend retreat or a marina-based residence. We are working towards the creation of a concept in inspired living, elegant yet simple; a space that embraces an energetic and a vibrant yet chic lifestyle," remarked CEO Waleed Saffy.
"To that end, each of the elements we have introduced within Phase 1 of the development works towards this aspiration. Our first set of sea-facing villas is well underway within their construction schedule, and we expect to complete construction by year end," he stated.
According to Saffy, the plans and set-up for phase 1 of the project’s Marina is also underway.
"This includes berths and pontoons for over 95 boats and yachts of various sizes. Simultaneously, two residential apartment buildings are also soon to be developed, offering spacious and well designed 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments," he stated.
"For us, this retail zone caps off our residential offer by bringing in a high quality community environment nearby, that offers retail and leisure outlets within a lively boardwalk environment," he added.
With the new retail development, Durrat Marina is adding yet another milestone to its project delivery, said Saffy.
Envisioned to be the “downtown” of Durrat Marina, the final promenade will host a bevy of cafes and restaurants, high end trendy boutiques and a wide range of leisure activities. This first phase of development is the initial step towards that end goal, and is planned to serve as a destination where families can enjoy a day alongside the serene waters of the Durrat Marina Yacht Club.
The retail strip is being designed by Spanish Design Consultants HCP and will have 44 outlets with a total built-up area of 5,200 sq m, comprising 3,800 sq m of retail space and 1,400 sq m of terrace space.
"The two storey retail area is being developed so that almost every outlet will be able to enjoy terrace space with views of the marina below. Shops will range from approx 40 – 220 sq m in size and are competitively priced," explained Saffy.
Speaking on behalf of design consultants HCP, the resident engineer Jose Carrion said, "We have a close working relationship with Durrat Marina, and through our standing partnership have developed an insider’s perspective on their vision for the project. To us, it is just as vital to deliver on this promise through designs that are attractive and practical."
"We have designed this retail strip to mirror a youthful simplicity, distinguished by neutral colors that create a chic ambience, where good food, good company, and a vibrant environment are the focus," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain