Canon signs new Libya partners
Dubai, June 10, 2013
Canon Middle East, leader in imaging solutions, has signed up Al-Mutawasat and Al-Watania Companies as its Libyan partners to extend its leading imaging solutions and services to customers across the North African country.
It is aimed at further reinforcing the company’s ‘closer to customer’ strategy in the region and enhance its presence by having on ground support across markets.
The introduction of our two new partners is a testament to Canon Middle East’s intent on building a robust position within the Libyan imaging solutions market; a market which the company believes has the potential to grow in line with the wider Libyan economy.
As recently as April 2013, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) published forecasts showing that the Libyan economy, as measured by GDP growth, would grow by over 20 per cent in 2013 and over 10 per cent in 2014 which follows a sharp rebound in Libyan GDP in 2011 and 2012.
Other economic commentators, notably African Economic Outlook, have highlighted falling rates of CPI and rising levels of consumer spending.
To accomplish this strategy, high standards of support and product knowledge must be put in place. Canon is committed to train its sales channels to be the most skilled in the industry by providing extensive product and solutions training to its partners and channels in Libya
By combining Canon Middle East’s undoubted product and marketing knowledge with the on-the-ground experience of its new partners, the company believes that it can bring an unparalleled solution to the Libyan market’s imaging needs.
Canon Middle East partners with Al-Mutawasat Company to extend the Canon portfolio of production systems and meet growing demand for professional print technologies from the commercial as well as corporate sectors in the country.
Canon Middle East will also extend its consumer imaging solutions offering to the Libyan market through Al-Watania Company, specialized in the field of photography in both retail and whole sale categories for more than fifteen years.
The new partnerships will be further supported by Canon Middle East’s existing relationship with Avantech, who has been providing Canon products and services to clients across the Libyan market for 10 years
On the new partnership deals, managing director Anurag Agrawal said, “These are in line with our strategy for 2013 to drive further growth through expansion. Canon views Libya as an important emerging market holding tremendous potential.”
"Through our new partners, the company is optimistic about building a strong image in the country and achieving its strategy to enter and develop future value through new business, particularly in emerging countries," stated Agarwal.
“As a major global brand, Canon is keen to maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders in Libya, including its customers. We are keen to provide a host of new value added solutions to both existing and new customers in Libya and offer more comprehensive support to help them address their unique business needs,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector