UAE companies look to Ecuador for imports
Dubai, July 10, 2013
Trading companies in the UAE are increasingly looking to Ecuador for imports, with a planned $3.5 million to be spent on Ecuadorian products, following their recent trade mission to the country.
The top four Ecuadorian products that are exported to the UAE are frozen shrimp, banana, flowers, and fruit pulps and puree, said a statement.
During business missions to Ecuador by manufacturers in the second quarter of this year, four UAE companies participated as the official delegation at the “Macrorrueda de Negocios Ecuador 2013” (the Second Business Matchmaking event in Ecuador 2013).
“The annual Macrorrueda event is expected to generate $206.75 million worth of exports, a 68 per cent increase from last year’s $123 million. Out of this figure, 12 per cent is attributed to the whole Middle East and Asian market while $3.5 million alone is expected from the UAE,” said Hussam Hassan, head of the Ecuadorian Commercial Office in Dubai.
Organised by Pro Ecuador, the country’s trade and investment promotion organisation, these companies successfully completed 130 bilateral meetings, including 15 manufacturing site visits, with their Ecuadorian counterparts, said the statement.
The matchmaking meetings were aimed to promote mutual cooperation between UAE companies and potential suppliers from Ecuador across various industry sectors such as in the food, flowers and furniture, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign
- UAE firm unveils new furniture collection
- Zotac unveils new edition graphics cards
- Canon launches 2 PowerShot cameras in Bahrain