UAE companies look to Ecuador for imports
Dubai, July 10, 2013
Trading companies in the UAE are increasingly looking to Ecuador for imports, with a planned $3.5 million to be spent on Ecuadorian products, following their recent trade mission to the country.
The top four Ecuadorian products that are exported to the UAE are frozen shrimp, banana, flowers, and fruit pulps and puree, said a statement.
During business missions to Ecuador by manufacturers in the second quarter of this year, four UAE companies participated as the official delegation at the “Macrorrueda de Negocios Ecuador 2013” (the Second Business Matchmaking event in Ecuador 2013).
“The annual Macrorrueda event is expected to generate $206.75 million worth of exports, a 68 per cent increase from last year’s $123 million. Out of this figure, 12 per cent is attributed to the whole Middle East and Asian market while $3.5 million alone is expected from the UAE,” said Hussam Hassan, head of the Ecuadorian Commercial Office in Dubai.
Organised by Pro Ecuador, the country’s trade and investment promotion organisation, these companies successfully completed 130 bilateral meetings, including 15 manufacturing site visits, with their Ecuadorian counterparts, said the statement.
The matchmaking meetings were aimed to promote mutual cooperation between UAE companies and potential suppliers from Ecuador across various industry sectors such as in the food, flowers and furniture, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet