Dubai Airports - Concourse D exterior
Dubai Airports calls retail bids for Concourse D
Dubai, July 15, 2013
Dubai Airports is inviting bids from food and beverage operators and selective retail-service providers for the award of concessions in Concourse D at Dubai International.
Construction of Concourse D is well underway with the facility’s opening slated for 2015, a statement said.
The opportunity is available to food and beverage providers in the categories of popular restaurants, 24-hour casual dining, licenced bars, coffee shops, specialty concepts and fast food. The process also seeks to appoint providers of financial services and selective retail services (non-duty free).
Customer-facing services have become an increasingly important part of Dubai Airports’ non-aeronautical revenue, as Dubai International’s expanding network of destinations and rapidly growing passenger numbers allow popular brands to target a unique and cosmopolitan audience.
Dubai International connects customers to over 260 destinations on six continents on more than 140 airlines. Passenger numbers are expected to surpass 66 million in 2013 and exceed 78 million in 2015 when Concourse D opens.
Once complete, Concourse D will be home to the more than 100 international airlines that currently use Concourse C and will serve up to 18 million passengers annually. It will be linked to a completely refurbished Terminal 1 by an elevated rail system which will offer transfer times between the two facilities of less than two minutes.
The new concourse will elevate the passenger experience by shortening queuing times to allow passengers more time to relax and enjoy a wide range of retail and F&B experiences.
“As was the case with Concourse A, our goal is to create a bespoke and integrated commercial experience that connects with our global customers and exceeds their expectations,” said Eugene Barry, senior vice president - Commercial, Dubai Airports.
Tender documents are available for purchase by interested vendors, at Dh1,000 ($272) per tender from the Commercial Unit offices in Dubai International. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain