Gitex Shopper set to kick off Saturday
Dubai, October 4, 2013
Gitex Shopper 2013, the region’s biggest ever retail extravaganza for consumer IT and electronics, starts tomorrow (October 5) at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Unrivalled prices on over 30,000 different up-to-the minute gadgets, bundled deals and an array of exciting competitions has set the stage for the best Gitex Shopper yet.
Running for eight days, from October 5 to 12, the show will offer unbeatable deals on gadgets that include digital SLR cameras, smartphones, tablets, laptops and LED SmartTVs, while a broad range of exciting, ingenious and wacky gizmos and accessories are being added to bundled deals.
“Gitex Shopper is the perfect one-stop shop destination to discover the latest products to improve your leisure time, home, workplace or school,” said Trixie LohMirmand, senior vice president, Dubai World Trade Centre, organiser of Gitex Shopper 2013.
“With exhibitors planning unbeatable deals, the chance to see the latest products being launched into the market and tens of thousands of visitors expected to attend Gitex Shopper 2013, we are looking forward to the most successful event yet.”
Regional power retailers including Al Falak, E-City, Emax, Geekay, Harman House, iStyle, Jacky’s Electronics, Jumbo Electronics, MK Trading, 050Telecom, One Mobile, Plug-Ins, Sharaf DG, Tarsam and Tec Buy, as well as top world brands such as Samsung, the platinum sponsor for Gitex Shopper 2013, Acer, Bose, Blackberry, Dell, Intel, HP, Nestle, Bose, Nokia, LG, Toshiba, Seagate and Western Digital are set to offer the best deals possible to the tens of thousands of visitors visiting the show each day.
“Gitex Shopper is one of the most popular consumer IT and electronics show worldwide and we have been participating in the show for the last seven years. This year, we will be launching Toshiba’s most portable Tablet yet, in addition to showcasing our array of touchscreen laptops and latest models of hybrid notebooks, Tablets, All-in-One desktop PCs and gaming laptops,” said Santosh Varghese, general manager-MEA, Digital Products and Services, Toshiba Gulf.
Emax, one of the fastest growing electronics retail chain in the Middle East, confirms discounts will be up to 25 per cent at Gitex Shopper 2013, Neelesh Bhatnagar, CEO of Emax Electronics said: “Our presence at Gitex Shopper 2013 is stronger than ever, with lots of attractive offers, bundle offerings and discounts going up to 25 per cent to ensure visitors experience will be exciting and enjoyable.
“Our daily ‘deal of the day’ promotion is surely not to be missed and our offers will range across smartphones, tablets, laptops, and several other categories. Once again, the Emax army on-ground will be there to guide all customers to make the best and most valuable purchase decisions based on individual requirements.”
Adding to the dynamic festival feel of Gitex Shopper, millions of dirhams worth of prizes will be up for grabs with promotions; ‘Visit & Win’ raffle prizes, ‘Scratch and win’ competitions, gift vouchers and giveaway. Visitors can get one ‘Visit & Win’ coupon for every ticket paid to win Intel based tablets and to enter the raffle to win the daily grand prize draw: an Opel Astra GTC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector