Marks & Spencer opens revamped Seef Mall store
Manama, October 11, 2013
Leading British retailer Marks & Spencer yesterday opened its refurbished store in Seef Mall, making Bahrain the first country in the world to have all new concept stores of the brand, a report said.
The refurbishment and the opening of a new store in Bahrain City Centre a few months earlier have entailed a multimillion dollar investment with the company expecting high double-digit growth in sales in the kingdom, the Gulf Daily News report said quoting officials.
The company operates in the GCC region except Saudi Arabia through UAE-based Al Futtaim Sons as the master franchisee.
Marks & Spencer Al Futtaim managing director John Cooper said the plan is to significantly expand presence in the Middle East, opening stores in both new and existing markets.
With eight new stores this year, the brand has increased its regional footprint by more than 50 per cent, from 17 stores at the end of December last year.
"Bahrain is a key market for us and it is our intention to continue to explore opportunities to roll out further new concept stores as suitable property becomes available," Cooper said. "Our existing business remains strong, driven by great products and excellent customer service," he added.
Marks & Spencer Al Futtaim head of operations Mark Senior said the brand is known for high-quality fashion, award-winning food and stylish homeware, and the new store format introduced last year has proved a huge success in providing a visually stunning shopping experience whilst improving customer navigation and brand awareness. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet