Crowds throng Gitex Shopper for last-minute deals
Dubaai, October 12, 2013
The final weekend of Gitex Shopper 2013 is drawing tens of thousands of visitors to the Dubai World Trade Centre as retailers and the world’s top tech brands offer even greater deals and deeper discounts on the latest consumer electronics products.
The sales extravaganza extended to almost everything, from the latest smartphones, tablets, TVs and digital cameras to gadgets, games, entertainment accessories and home appliances, said the event organisers, Dubai World Trade Centre.
Running until 11pm tonight (October 12), the show also offers visitors endless chances to win fabulous prizes through the “Visit & Win” raffle, gift vouchers, giveaways, “Scratch & Win” promotions, and competitions that include an Opel Astra GTC being given away every day of the show.
Tickets are priced at Dh30 ($8.1) per person and are available at the venue and from selected Eppco, Enoc and Zoom outlets. Entry is free for children below the age of five.
Gitex Shopper 2013 is the largest gathering of the region’s leading ICT retailers and suppliers, said a DWTC statement.
This high-energy consumer show attracts a diverse audience that includes IT professionals, technology enthusiasts, students and consumers as well as regional traders. It attracts visitors not just from the Middle East but also from North Africa and the Indian subcontinent.
Gitex Shopper also draws the biggest names in the retail sector, with unique launches and special offers across the best technology, communication and entertainment products.
Loyal buyers await this shopping bonanza year after year for exclusive deals and bundled offers which are not available anywhere else, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ