Samsung unveils new UHD Oled TV
Amman, October 13, 2013
Samsung Electronics showcased both the flat and curved formats of its Ultra High-Definition (UHD) Oled TV at the recent IFA 2013, the largest consumer electronic trade show in Europe.
The UHD Oled TV is a proof of concept that combines the fantastic detail of UHD with the brilliant contrast and colors of Oled, said a senior official.
“Samsung has retained its No.1 position in the global TV market for eight consecutive years by pioneering a new innovation each year, including cutting-edge displays, 3D and Smart TVs,”remarked Hyun-Suk Kim, the executive VP for Visual Display Business, Samsung Electronics.
“This year we are showcasing our vision for the industry, which will undoubtedly be centered around the detail and the brilliance that only our UHD and Oled technologies can offer,” he stated.
According to Kim, Samsung’s UHD TVs deliver an unparalleled viewing experience born of pure innovation. "With more than eight million pixels and a resolution four times greater than Full HD, the most intricate of visual details are defined, clear and breathtakingly lifelike," he explained.
Meanwhile, Samsung’s Oled technology represents an unprecedented leap forward for picture quality and sharp contrast with its self-emitting pixels and natural motion. Combined, the fantastic sharpness of UHD and the contrast and colors of Oled usher in the next generation of television.
The Samsung UHD Oled TV is on display in both flat and curved formats. The Curved UHD Oled TV includes the subtle curvature design and creates an immersive cinematic viewing experience.
Both the UHD Oled TVs are 55-inches and stand alongside Samsung’s Curved Oled TV and full line of UHD televisions, including 110-, 98- and 85-inch models and 65- and 55-inch sets that made their European debut at IFA.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet