MAF opens books on hybrid bond issue
London, October 22, 2013
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) has opened books on its upcoming issue of a US dollar-denominated hybrid bond, according to one of the lead managers.
The company has set initial price thoughts of low- to mid-7 per cent for the perpetual note, which will be callable after five years.
The coupon on the note will step up by 25bp in year 10 and by an additional 75bp in year 25, according to the proposed terms.
The upcoming bond, which will become the Gulf's first international hybrid to be issued by a corporate borrower, is expected to price as early as Wednesday, according to the lead manager.
The issuer hosted investor calls on Monday and Tuesday, as it revived a transaction it originally marketed in May but was forced to delay due to adverse market conditions.
Goldman Sachs and HSBC are structuring advisors on the deal, and are joined by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Emirates NBD Capital, JP Morgan and Standard Chartered as joint bookrunners.
The Reg S-only notes are expected to be rated BB+ and to receive a 50 per cent equity credit by both Standard & Poor's and Fitch. The issuer is rated BBB/BBB by the same agencies. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain