MAF to price $500m hybrid with 7.125pc yield
London, October 23, 2013
Dubai's Majid Al Futtaim will price its $500 million hybrid bond at a yield of 7.125 per cent, the tight end of guidance, bankers on the deal said on Wednesday, adding that final books had topped $4.1 billion.
Earlier in the day, the company had set initial price thoughts in the mid-to-high 7 per cent before setting guidance in the 7.375 per cent area and later revising to 7.125-7.25 per cent.
The perpetual bond, which will be callable after five years, is expected to price on Wednesday.
The issuer, rated BBB-/BBB-, hosted investor calls on Monday and Tuesday following an initial roadshow in May. It decided not to launch a deal then, however, citing unfavourable market conditions.
Goldman Sachs and HSBC are structuring advisors and joint bookrunners with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Emirates NBD Capital, JP Morgan and Standard Chartered.
The Reg S-only notes are expected to be rated BB+, and to receive a 50 per cent equity credit, from both Standard & Poor's and Fitch. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet