Ansar group to open 2nd mall in Bahrain
Manama, October 27, 2013
Qatar-based Ansar Group of Companies is planing to open its second mall in Bahrain within six months having seen a better than expected response in the kingdom.
Ansar Gallery in Tubli, currently the company's sole presence in the kingdom, was launched four years ago at an initial investment of more than BD6 million ($15.7 million).
The mall turned cash positive only after a year of operations much faster than expected, officials told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, on the sidelines of the launch of its fourth anniversary celebrations.
The company has made an additional investment of BD2 million recently to upgrade and improve its facilities. "We have seen sales growth of more than 15 per cent on last year," deputy general manager Sultan Altaa said.
"Our market share has also increased correspondingly from 9pc last year to more than 11.36 per cent this year," he stated.
According to assistant general manager Isa Amralla, the company currently employs 550 staff in its Bahrain operations, of whom 25 per cent are Bahraini. "We continuously strive to improve the Bahrainisation level," he added.
Altaa said as part of the fourth anniversary celebrations,the company has launched a scratch-and-win offer for customers with 5,555 gifts on offer.
"Apart from this, we have 50 per cent 'get back on purchase' offers and a chance to win six Nissan cars through raffle draws.
"The company has also decided to expand its social activities with the launch of 'Green Bahrain-Clean Bahrain' campaign in addition to blood donation activities.
"We are also planning to start activities to protect the environment from hazardous plastics," he said.
Showroom manager Yehia Mohammed was also present on the occasion along with management officials and staff.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Qatar |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store