Fairy launches new dishwashing liquid in UAE
Dubai, October 28, 2013
Fairy has launched its newest dishwashing liquid in the UAE market with a Guinness World Record-breaker to create the world’s largest mosaic made entirely out of plastic bottles.
The launch of Fairy Platinum was celebrated at Lulu Hypermarket in Barsha with the unveiling of a 12,844-bottle pop art mosaic covering a 75.9-sq m area, and spelling out the brand name.
“We wanted to put Fairy Platinum in the spotlight in a creative, fun way. The mosaic spells out a clear message that Fairy continues to innovate and looks at the market differently from other dishwashing brands,” said Kamlesh Bhatia, category & business development manager for Transmed, the brand distributor for Fairy in the UAE.
"There’s no better way to launch Fairy Platinum, our premium dish-washing product, than by setting a world record thanks to the support of our distributor Transmed and our customer Lulu Group International,” said Al Rajwani, vice president and general manager, Arabian Peninsula & Pakistan, Procter & Gamble.
“Fairy Platinum will become the product of choice for consumers who need a dish-washing liquid that will cut through and shift the most stubborn grease in the shortest time possible,” added Rajwani.
The mosaic took the team of Fairy artists a total of 30 hours to create using Fairy Platinum and Fairy Olay bottles.
Guinness World Record adjudicator, Samer Khallouf, confirmed the successful attempt, and said: “The UAE adds another Guinness World Record to its long list beating the Japanese record by 744 bottles - an amazing achievement.”
Fairy’s most successful global formula yet, the new Fairy Platinum employs the latest technology to help break down baked-on grease particles into smaller pieces through a built-in soaking action that removes tough grease in just 10 minutes, a company statement said.
It has also rebalanced its surfactant system to increase post-cleaning shine, leaving less watermarks, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices