Canon marks production of 90m EF lenses
Dubai, October 28, 2013
Canon has announced the achievement of a new lens manufacturing milestone - the company’s 90-millionth EF-series interchangeable lens.
This new milestone follows, just over nine months since Canon announced the production of the 80-millionth lens in August 2012, highlighting the significant demand and continued popularity of the EF lens range, a company statement said.
Production of Canon’s signature interchangeable EF lens series began in 1987 at the Utsunomiya Plant, when the series was first introduced together with the EOS SLR camera system. Since then, the global demand for Canon’s EOS products and lenses has continued to gather pace and in 2011 there was only nine months between the increase from 60 to 70 million units manufactured.
In order to meet this demand, Canon scaled up its production with facilities across Taiwan, Malaysia and Japan.
In May, Canon announced the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x, a super telephoto zoom lens which is equipped with a 1.4x internal extender and offers a wide, 200-560 mm zoom range. As a result, Canon’s current EF lens line-up comprises of 80 models including the EF Cinema Lens series for use in cinema and TV production. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model