28 shopping malls vie for top awards
Dubai, November 3, 2013
As many as 28 prominent shopping malls and companies in the region have been named as finalists in the 2013 Middle East and North Africa Shopping Centre Awards competition.
The awards programme celebrates the achievements of shopping centre owners, developers, management companies, architects, designers and retailers in the categories of design, development and successful shopping centre operation throughout the Mena region.
It is jointly sponsored by the Middle East Council of Shopping Centres (MECSC) and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Finalists include malls from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Bahrain.
The categories include cause related marketing, marketing/sponsorship, public relations, sales promotion and events, social media, leasing, new retail concept, retail store design, overall marketing, and renovation and expansion.
“The Middle East and North Africa is home to some of the largest and most advanced enclosed malls and shopping centres in the world and this year numerous submissions from the region for our awards competition,” said JoAnn Laut, director of global awards, ICSC.
“Our panel of industry judges has narrowed the field down to 28 finalists and on November 25, 2103 at a Gala Dinner at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, we will announce our winners,” she said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector