28 shopping malls vie for top awards
Dubai, November 3, 2013
As many as 28 prominent shopping malls and companies in the region have been named as finalists in the 2013 Middle East and North Africa Shopping Centre Awards competition.
The awards programme celebrates the achievements of shopping centre owners, developers, management companies, architects, designers and retailers in the categories of design, development and successful shopping centre operation throughout the Mena region.
It is jointly sponsored by the Middle East Council of Shopping Centres (MECSC) and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Finalists include malls from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Bahrain.
The categories include cause related marketing, marketing/sponsorship, public relations, sales promotion and events, social media, leasing, new retail concept, retail store design, overall marketing, and renovation and expansion.
“The Middle East and North Africa is home to some of the largest and most advanced enclosed malls and shopping centres in the world and this year numerous submissions from the region for our awards competition,” said JoAnn Laut, director of global awards, ICSC.
“Our panel of industry judges has narrowed the field down to 28 finalists and on November 25, 2103 at a Gala Dinner at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, we will announce our winners,” she said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November