Al Meera opens hypermarket in Muscat
Doha, November 17, 2013
Al Meera, a leading retail chain in Qatar, has opened its first rehabilitated shopping mall in Al Athaiba area of Muscat in line with its regional expansion strategy.
Speaking at the launch, Dr Mohammed Bin Nasser Al Qahtani, the deputy CEO of Al Meera (Qatar) said the new branch was opened after the completion of the rehabilitation and restoration works as per the company’s endeavors to acquire more shares in the consuming market in Oman.
Al Athaiba shopping mall also includes a special floor for other items such as clothes, gifts, toys, cosmetics, many well-renowned restaurants and the main franchises of Landmark group such as E-max, Shoe Express and Lifestyle.
Yahyabin Sulaiman Al Nadabi, the deputy governor of Bawshar (Oman) expressed his delight at the opening of the branch in its new style, pointing to Al Meera’s success in developing it.
Dr Al Qahtani said the Qatari retail chain has five branches in Oman now. "The opening of Al Athaiba branch is the beginning of the developing process of the rest of the branches as per the board plans. These are located both inside and outside Muscat, where the market is developing rapidly."
"We expect the ongoing growth of this market to continue ahead in line with the leadership’s aspirations to support the welfare of Omani people," he added.
Dr Al Qahtani said more than 30 per cent of the employees at Al Meera branches in Oman were locals and added that it was looking forward to increasing the number on yearly basis.
The launch was attended by Al Meera board (Oman) officials including chairman Dr Saif Al Suwaidi, vice chairman Rashed Al-Saadi and Mohamed Sulaiman besides Qatar board member Dr Mohamed Bin Nasser Al Qahtani, Guy Sauvage, the CEO of Al Meera (Qatar) and other officials.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices