Souq.com gears up for shopping festival
Cairo, November 24, 2013
Souq.com Egypt, a leading e-commerce site in the region, will host the biggest, end-of-year online shopping festival from November 25.
The Cyber Week shopping festival will run till December 2, combining Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two shopping days of the year in the West, said a statement.
It will offer heavily discounted goods to shoppers across Egypt, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, it said.
The e-commerce site will feature over 1,000 special deals and promotions daily while featuring the latest electronics, mobiles, tablets, watches, perfumes, home accessories and appliances and toys.
“We are especially excited to have created CyberWeek for our customers in the region, a unique shopping festival developed by Souq.com which takes advantage of two globally recognised shopping events, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and combines them to offer regional shoppers with the tremendous discounts and promotions that shoppers in other global markets enjoy,” said Omar Elsahy, general manager.
“The festival, which we expect to beat last year’s online shopping record, will be heavily promoted through all major online media outlets at a pan-Arab level through Google, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo, MSN and Skype.”
Shoppers can also make purchases directly from their mobile devices through an enhanced mobile browsing experience on the site or directly from Souq.com’s newly released iPhone mobile app.
“CyberWeek 2013 will also play host to some brand new categories on our shopping site, which include beauty products, bags, shoes and a home improvement supplies section. In Egypt, we expect huge consumer demand for bestseller categories like mobile phones and tablets, as well as perfumes and watches,” said Elsahy. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet