UAE firm to launch new smartphones
Dubai, November 26, 2013
EMS, a UAE-based smartphone company, is set to launch its new range of ‘be’ smartphones with five different models.
The products are based on the Android platform and will be available from December 10 at all leading electronic retailers in the emirates, said a statement.
The brand already has a strong presence in international markets with customers in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Poland, it said.
“The smartphones are backed by a strong after sales support service in launched countries. Additionally, EMS is offering an international warranty with all the ‘be’ smartphones,” said Babar Khan, CEO.
The smartphones are built on a solid foundation aimed at enhancing consumers’ smartphone and mobility experience, he said. Applications like BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and AVG Anti-Virus are pre-installed.
The range comprises three major categories catering to distinct market segments - b. Elite (flagship), b. social (full featured) and b. united (best value for money).
The flagship range ‘b. Elite’ runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean, sports a 5-inch qHD screen powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad core processor, and offers an 8MP + 2MP dual camera combo for a high quality video calling experience.
The ‘b. social’ range comprises two models, one featuring 1.2GHz dual core, 4-inch WVGA Screen, Android 4.2 Jellybean along with 3MP camera and front camera, and the second featuring a Qualcomm 1.2 GHz Quad Core snapdragon processor, a high resolution 4-inch IPS display and comes with a 5MP camera and front camera.
The ‘b. united’ also comprises two model, one featuring 1.0 GHz dual core processor and an optimal sized 3.5-inch HVGA screen, running the Android 4.2 Jellybean, and the other featuring a 1.2 GHz dual core processor, Android Jellybean 4.2 and a high quality 3.75-inch IPS display. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store