Canon focus on growth at partner meet
Dubai, December 12, 2013
Canon Middle East, a world leader in imaging solutions, discussed opportunities to create value in the market at the company’s recent partner conference in Dubai.
Held under the theme ‘Steering to Our Vision,’ the summit focused on through diversifying the innovative product offering, focussing on managed print services (MPS) and enhancing online activities.
The three-day conference brought together over 100 partners from 45 countries in the Middle East, North, West and East Africa region and presented a platform to unveil Canon’s business strategies, objectives and latest innovations for 2014.
A series of presentations and forums were held to focus on key areas including defining product segments, sharing best practises and opportunities to capitalise on increased demand for imaging innovation and connectivity.
Anurag Agrawal, managing director, Canon Middle East said: “Our annual partner conference is one of the most important events for Canon Middle East as we strengthen our efforts towards driving mutual business success, and ultimately work towards better serving our customers.”
“Canon will continue to focus on regional growth, and aims to increase our market share through diversifying the product offering and meeting the demands of fast growth businesses. This will be led by investments in our core strengths of enabling increased connectivity, cross media imaging, managed print services and the most innovative technology.
“We will also build on previous investments covering colour and mid-high segment products and driving efficiency in after-market sales,” he added.
A key driver for Canon’s market penetration is enhanced digital marketing as the organisation looks to capitalise on the growth in internet users in Mena, currently estimated at over 72.5 million, and industry projections that the value of mobile commerce could reach $4.9 billion by 2015.
A huge growth opportunity lies with the current 66 per cent of internet users who research products and services online and roughly 30 per cent who make online purchases.
A highlight of the conference was the 2013 Performance Awards to recognise the efforts by the partners of Canon Middle East to drive business success throughout the region.
A gala evening was held to present the President’s award and celebrate top performing partners across Current Business, New Business, Emerging Geographies, Mid High Colour segment and After Market Business. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store