Epson launches T-shirt printer
Dubai, December 12, 2013
Epson Middle East has launched its first direct-to-garment t-shirt printer.
The printer will enable designers to unleash their creativity and produce customised designs of up to 25mm thick on t-shirts, caps and bags.
With the garment printing market expected to be worth over 200 million euros ($275.4 million) by 2014, small to medium businesses can benefit from the new SureColor SC-F2000’s revenue-generating features, said a statement from Epson.
Online t-shirt shops, production t-shirt printers and corporate users will benefit from the launch as its ink is crack-resistant and is soft against the skin, it stated.
Users can configure the system to suit their needs by choosing from two sets of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) ink for white garments or CMYK with up to four white inks for coloured garments.
Epson said its garment creator software was bundled with the package, which includes a cost calculation function that allows users to estimate the print cost by calculating the amount and cost of the ink used for each print job.
“This is a unique industry offering as it is the first system where a printhead, ink and chassis have been designed and manufactured by a single brand. The hardware and ink are designed to work together,” said Shihab Zubair, business development manager.
"Featuring Epson’s durable thin-film piezo (TFP) printhead, the SC-F2000 is capable of printing a single white t-shirt in 27 seconds when using dual colour mode and a dark coloured t-shirt in 111 seconds using white and colour ink," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder