Philips DesignLine TVs launched in Bahrain
Manama, December 16, 2013
Mohammed Fakhroo and Brothers, the main Philips distributor in Bahrain, has launched the Philips DesignLine series of high-end TVs in the kingdom.
The front of the TV is made of one square sheet of glass in gradient black leaning against a wall, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The new DesignLine TV series encompasses models of 117cm (46-inch) and 140cm (55-inch) in screen size.
In standby mode, the TV's frameless glass front displays a smooth, translucent glow from black opaque to transparent, which becomes invisible when watching TV.
Three-sided Ambilight supports the light, floating effect.
The front sheet of glass sits on top of a LED screen, powered by a dual-core processor with Perfect Pixel HD engine inside, while 3D Max allows the TV to show 3D motion content in full HD resolution.
The display has a 1400Hz perfect motion rate for sharpness and clarity and full 1920x1080p resolutions.
To facilitate Smart TV usability, the sets come with a remote control with pointing capability and a built-in keyboard.
The TVs have Wi-Fi on board and support the Philips MyRemote app, Wi-Fi Miracast and SimplyShare to allow wireless streaming content to and from notebooks, smartphones and tablets.
The Designline TVs are also ready to be automatically upgraded for MultiRoom viewing. This application allows consumers to stream broadcast content from the master TV.
The TVs were unveiled during a launch event at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain. The 55-inch TV retails for BD1,299 ($3,371) whereas the 46-inch TV is priced at BD899.
Philips branded TV sets are manufactured and marketed by Amsterdam-based TP Vision. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store