New Visa card offers free petrol in Dubai
Dubai, December 23, 2013
In partnership with Majid Al Futtaim Finance leading commerce site Groupon, has launched ‘GCard’ an innovative reloadable prepaid Visa card which lends users the flexibility of a credit card, combined with unbeatable cashback rewards.
With GCard, shoppers benefit from cashbacks of up to 25 per cent at a variety of lifestyle retailers, or redeemed for free petrol at any station in Dubai which accepts payment by Visa.
It is the easiest and safest way to make purchases around the world, or even online while shopping for the latest Groupon deal, said a senior official.
“We know how important choices are to our customers, so we are very excited to have partnered with Majid Al Futtaim Finance to offer a lifestyle card that not only offers unprecedented cashbacks of up to 25% but also for the first time in the region allows you to save money on petrol. We are making it easy and fun for our customers to enjoy flexibility as they treat themselves while shopping with our participating brands,” remarked Alexander Kappes, the CEO of Groupon Middle East.
The GCard is widely available to existing or new Groupon members and in addition to the first-ever ‘cashback for fuel’ program. Additional lifestyle benefits include cashbacks of up to 25% at lifestyle retailers including Spin Dubai, Rainforest Cake and Kitsch Cupcakes and deals on Groupon.
Available at over 135 participating Enoc & Eppco petrol pumps, Majid Al Futtaim Finance has ensured the GCard is equipped with the latest features and security benefits similar to that of its award-winning line of prepaid cards, said a statement from the UAE group .
Upon a simple registration, the GCard can be ‘loaded’ with funds at the point of purchase and can immediately be used where Visa cards are accepted – over a million locations worldwide including ATMs, and online. Moreover, as the GCard is fully reloadable, users can conveniently transfer funds from one GCard to another, it stated.
“Increasingly, consumers are turning towards prepaid cards as a viable, safe and simplified method of shopping and we’re pleased to have partnered with leading commerce site Groupon to help its members feel empowered with secure online purchases,” said Rasool Hujair, the CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Finance.
“The GCard is a major milestone for Groupon, and we believe the program will drive further sales and loyalty with its innovative cashback for fuel program,” he noted.
Launched in 2010, Groupon UAE features daily deals on the best things to do, see, eat, and buy across the UAE. The company’s philosophy is based on customer’s satisfaction & excellence in service by treating them the way they aspire to be treated.
Hujair said MAF Finance was one of the first companies to introduce the concept of the prepaid card in the UAE. "Starting with the launch of the Visa Gift Cards at partner shopping malls across the region, Majid Al Futtaim Finance has since developed a strong B2B incentive program that have attracted globally renown brands such as Toshiba, Microsoft and now, Groupon," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Majid Al Futtaim Finance |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ