Axiom sees record sales in 2013
Dubai, December 30, 2013
Axiom, a multi-brand, retailer of mobile devices, opened 21 new stores in 2013 and will register record sales in the year, said its founder and chief executive officer.
“2013 has been a whirlwind of business activity for Axiom, and we are well poised to deliver our best ever year,” added Faisal Al Bannai.
“Not only are we delivering a best-in-class retail experience, but we are also continuing to diversify wherever we feel we can add value and innovation. We have big plans moving forward with a host of industry-changing announcements due, as well as the phased roll out an extensive rebranding campaign.”
Twenty-one stores opened in 2013, and customer footfall has increased by 23 per cent. During the past year, Axiom recruited 300 new employees, which is a hiring increase of 37.7 per cent on the 218 that joined the company in 2012.
The company now employs over 2,500 staff, operates over 600 retail points and reaches in excess of 4,000 points of sale across the Middle East, making it by far the region’s leading mobile retailer and distributor.
The company has also been busy implementing store enhancements throughout the region. New initiatives include dedicated tablet and smartphone demonstration zones, LCD networks to highlight key offers and improve customer interaction, as well as a dedicated brand ambassador program to strengthen the customer-product/service relationship.
The Axiom brand has also been strengthened by new distributor relationships with leading brands such as Huawei, Belkin, and Lenovo and, in June, it joined forces with BlackBerry to open the smartphone icon’s first flagship store in the Middle East at Dubai Mall.
“Axiom is committed to raising the bar for corporate social responsibility in the region,” added Al Bannai.
“It is healthy for us to do this, and it ensures we are always thinking about new ways to improve processes, performance and reputation.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector