Family-focus events ‘to drive Jeddah retail’
Jeddah, December 30, 2013
A family-centric approach remained the key driver of Jeddah’s shopping industry in 2013, said an industry expert, adding that others not following this trend are left on the sidelines.
Mohammed Alawi, CEO of Red Sea Markets, the owning company of the leading Jeddah-based leading shopping destination Red Sea Mall said that adopting a family-centric approach holds the key to winning the battle in Jeddah’s promising shopping and retail sectors.
Alawi said that over 14 million people visited Red Sea Mall in 2013, attracted by the 300-plus events targeting Saudi Arabian national and expatriate families, organized by the mall.
He added that Jeddah’s shopping industry is on the upswing, thanks to it its rising stature as an elite area populated largely by expatriate families with high living standards.
He said that 2013 was a year full of activities and successful events which blended entertainment with luxurious shopping in a secure family setting.
The Mall has become a landmark for shopping and entertainment, popular with Jeddah residents and tourists alike In addition, the mall has become the main venue for organizing events of government agencies, companies and institutions, due to its strategic location in Jeddah, a city that attracts millions of tourists throughout the year, he noted.
Alawi, who is the winner of the lifetime achievement award for 2013, said: “We are delighted by the positive response from the visitors to the activities and events that were organized by Red Sea Mall during 2013. We are also proud of our ability to attract millions of visitors and create various types of events that appeal to them.”
Alawi continued: “Our responsibility to society prompts us to organize unique and innovative events that bring family members together in a pleasant setting to enjoy cultural and social activities that enrich visitors’ knowledge of the local culture as well as the Saudi heritage.”
Red Sea Mall, which is among the Top 100 Saudi Brands, has a record of winning multiple prestigious awards.
“Shopping malls have become the main venues for mixing shopping, entertainment and leisure, bringing family visitors who wish to shop for clothing, furniture and accessories, as well as visit restaurants and cafes, not to mention the recreational activities,” Alawi said.
“In Red Sea Mall, we realized this fact early and we were proactive in providing entertainment and shopping experience under one roof, within an atmosphere full of fun for the whole family.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ