Mall offers bigger prizes for DSF
Dubai, January 2, 2014
Mall of the Emirates, a top lesisure and shopping destination in Dubai, has announced a higher quality of entertainment and bigger prizes for the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), set to kick off today (January 2) and run 32 days until February 2.
During the month-long retail celebration, Mall of the Emirates will introduce three shopping zones within the mall: Stylista, Travelista and Decorista.
Stylista encompasses mostly of luxury fashion, jewellery stores in the Central Galleria, Fashion Dome and Via Rodeo areas. Shoppers who spend Dh650 ($177) at any store within the Stylista zone will get a chance to win a brand new 2014 Bentley GT V8.
Sports, outdoor and leisure stores situated near Ski Dubai are categorized as Travelista where adventure-lovers who spend Dh450 can win a first-class and five-star experience to the jewel of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.
Decorista covers the home ware, electronics and furniture outlets. Those who have been dreaming of a home makeover can fret no more. By spending Dh450 within Decorista zone, shoppers can win an ultimate makeover worth Dh100,000.
“This zoning will correspond to the shopping scheme, which will reward shoppers according to personal preferences. The prizes will be on display in the respective zones throughout the festival to stimulate shoppers’ interest. Good luck to everyone and happy shopping” said Fuad Mansoor Sharaf, senior director – Property Management, Shopping Malls for Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
“In strategic partnership with the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment for several years now, we look forward to exceeding the expectations of all visitors to the Mall of the Emirates. It is a privilege to be one of the hosts of this annual event and we hope that guests will leave with not only great deals, but also memories of a lovely day out.”
Beginning January 12 until the 21, Mall of the Emirates will host the Bubble Gum Pop extravaganza, a family-fun packed musical and entertainment show that will have the crowds energized as no less than 49 performers and dancers will take the stage. Each show will feature a 14-piece band for a fun sing-a-long.
Following the intro, the show will kick off with Britain’s Got Talent finalists, World Championship Street Dance winners and TV sensations, Nu Sxool - a dance troupe of 17 young street dancers who will take the stage live for a heart pumping performance.
The show continues with a tribute to pop star darling Katy Perry, complete with incredible costumes, back-up dancers and a live band, the concert will feel as if the celebrity was there in the crowd as hit songs including Roar, Teenage Dream and Firework are performed.
Finally, the superstar boy band today, a tribute to One Direction will end the show in a grand finale. A cheerleading squad will having the audiences learning new dance routines, while cheering for the One Direction performers as they sing top hits including ‘That’s What Makes You Beautiful’, ‘Little Things’ and ‘Best Song Ever’.
Mall of the Emirates will be extending its operational hours from 10 am to 1 am, while restaurants, coffee shops and food court outlets will be open until 3 am. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet