Ajmal Perfumes launches youth initiative
Dubai, January 13, 2014
Ajmal perfumes, a leading fragrance house in the region, has launched an initiative to create its next youth product through three phases in direction and product design.
The “Young Prosumer Initiative,” which targets GCC youth aged 16 to 25, will be operated through a dedicated microsite and a Facebook page, spread across three phases with a time limit of seven days per phase starting on January 22.
In Phase one entitled ‘The Trend Whiffer,’ the youth will submit the “Youth Brief” of what they perceive Ajmal’s next youth fragrance should be all about. Ajmal will shortlist three briefs alongside Firmenich, a leading Swiss and privately-owned company in the perfume and flavour business.
In Phase two - ‘The Designist,’ the youth will submit sketches of the primary packaging based on the finalised ‘Youth Brief’ from phase one. The Ajmal team will shortlist three of the best options in discussions with Centdegres, a renowned French company specialised in packaging.
In Phase three entitled ‘The Buzz Maker,’ Ajmal Perfumes will be compiling a creative brief outlining the product, target audience, the winning primary packaging design and all other related information.
The contestants will be required to develop the creative either through print/digital mediums and provide Ajmal with their recommendation of conducting a 360 degree Marcom launch. Ajmal along with Tonnit Design, a boutique creative agency will shortlist three options.
The three options from each phase will be uploaded to Ajmal’s Facebook page for public polling, with winners of each phase set to receive Dh15,000 ($4,083).
They will also be given the opportunity of associating themselves with Ajmal and seeing their Ideas come to life through actual product development and implementation of the marketing campaign.
Abdullah Ajmal, general manager, sales and marketing, said: “We are proud to launch once again this one of its kind global concept in the GCC, Ajmal Young Prosumer Inititative, which is yet another region’s first initiative targeting the unique talents of our youth out there.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs