Seagate unveils portable 4TB storage device
Dubai, January 16, 2014
Seagate Technology has unveiled the world’s first portable 4TB storage device providing twice the capacity and speed of existing external portable drives at the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas.
The Backup Plus FAST features a super speed USB 3.0 interface and delivering transfer speeds up to 220MB per second.
Seagate has also released its latest Backup Plus Slim as the world’s thinnest 2TB portable storage device in a compact design and featuring a super speed USB 3.0 interface.
Both offer include the same easy-to-use backup software, a statement said. The Seagate Dashboard software provides an easy one-click backup solution, but can also be set as a scheduled backup up as needed.
“Today digital storage is important for everyone who uses a personal computer or a mobile device,” said Scott Horn, vice president of global marketing for Seagate.
“We are all creating content, whether that be photos from our last activity, video of a baby’s first steps, or a proposal for your next project. All of these files hold a special place of importance and Seagate is in the business of providing products that can store those valuable files.”
“Speed and capacity are of the utmost importance in my work which calls for the latest in digital photography and video technologies. When dealing with the large files these devices produce, whether it is a still photo, time-lapse video or 4k video; having high-capacity reliable and fast storage can make the difference between a project succeeding or failing,” said Jim Sugar, veteran National Geographic photographer.
“Mobile devices account for the largest amount of captured video and photos today,” said Chris Chute, research director for IDC’s Worldwide Digital Imaging Practice.
“Seven out of every ten pictures captured in 2013 were taken with a smartphone. As a greater portion of our memories are captured by the handheld devices, it becomes increasingly more important that these files be backed up either to a cloud service or locally.”
Both devices are anticipated to be on shelves in the Middle East starting in the first quarter of 2014. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store