Nawras to host smartphone festival
Muscat, January 27, 2014
Nawras, a top telecom provider in Oman and an Ooredoo company, plans to host Oman’s first smartphone festival, introducing a number of offers with value discounts on both plans and handsets.
Based around the exciting new Nawras Shahry postpaid plans, prepaid data bundles and the most advanced smartphones, the Nawras Smartphone Festival offers customers an amazing number of benefits during the promotional period.
The festival themed, “Welcome to a Smarter World”, will run for 90 days from 28 January across all Nawras retail stores, as well as at the Muscat Festival.
One of the special highlights is the opportunity for customers to receive the full value of their handset purchase back over two years through an innovative scheme where Nawras pays your subscription every third month on selected postpaid plans.
Customers who buy the new Shahry postpaid pack along with a smartphone will enjoy discounts of 33 per cent over two years. Prepaid customers who buy a new smartphone will benefit from 25 per cent additional data for two years on 4G plans.
While customers can buy a smartphone from any authorised outlet, they will have to activate the offer at a Nawras retail store. Nawras will have specialist sales staff on hand to provide expert advice and information as well demonstrations of the latest devices.
“Welcome to a Smarter World is about bringing innovation and value to the Oman market,” said Nawras CEO Greg Young. “This is why we are showcasing the very latest with partners Nokia and LG and also announcing Nawras 4G readiness for our Apple iPhone users in Oman – an experience that is three times faster than 3G.”
He said Oman was considered the fastest growing smartphone market in the GCC region with over 65 per cent of mobile users switching to new devices. “The Smartphone Festival gives us a great platform to showcase the latest technologies and innovations, and bring customers a number of exciting offers to celebrate.”
“As part of the Ooredoo Group, Nawras is committed to providing more value, and the latest innovations in devices to the local market. Oman will see a lot more of Ooredoo and the value it brings as we transition to adopting the brand this year,” he added.
Subhra Das, Nawras chief commercial officer said: “The festival is borne out of the recognition that Smartphones are key enablers for customers to engage in an increasingly digital world. We are bundling smartphones with value-packed and worry-free data offers so that our customers in Oman can enjoy affordable access to our mobile data network.
“We believe that the nature of the offers and the value we are extending through this festival are quite unprecedented in the history of telecommunications in Oman. We are working closely with the Ooredoo Group to better utilise economies of scale, benefits and global agreements to bring value to Oman,” Das added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector