Top retail brands to open at Pearl-Qatar
Doha, February 3, 2014
The Pearl-Qatar, one of the largest urban developments in the Middle East, has signed a contract with Al Siddiqi Holding to open eight renowned restaurant brands and luxury fashion outlets in Porto Arabia and Medina Central districts of The Pearl-Qatar.
The agreement was signed by Ehab Kamel, the general manager, Retail Leasing at The Pearl-Qatar, and Aly Delawar, the board member of Al Siddiqi Holding in the presence of senior officials of both the companies.
The landmark agreement will see the opening of the exclusive Italian restaurant brand, "Biella", that will offer food-lovers the famous taste of Italian dishes along with various other European cuisines, and the "Lord of The Wings" restaurant in ‘Medina Central’ district - specifically designed to suit families and visitors looking for a lifestyle of serenity, while the rest of other high-end retails outlets run by the group will be located at Porto Arabia.
It may be mentioned here that Al Siddiqi Holding has already opened a branch of "The Noodle House” restaurant, the most prominent in its business portfolio, at The Pearl-Qatar, which now receives patrons on a daily basis.
Likewise, Al Siddiqi Holding will open a chain of world-renowned restaurants and fashion outlets at The Pearl-Qatar. This will include the first “Tike” Turkish International Restaurants franchise in Qatar.
Tike was an initiative started in 1998 in Istanbul by four cousins from Adana. The restaurant is famous for its traditional grilled chicken and lamb kebabs, transforming kebab from a casual dining affair to a fine dining experience in locations across Greece, Turkey, Ukraine and, now, Qatar.
Similarly, Al Siddiqi Holding's other plans include the opening of a number of luxury fashion and hospitality brands at The Pearl-Qatar, including the elegant Lebanese restaurant "Wafi Gourmet."
Other openings by the same group will include a unisex fashion outlet - Frankie Garage - as well as Migato, a shoes and leather store. In addition, Al-Siddiqi Holding will also bring the first branch of "Kas", the Australian brand that specializes in home furnishings and stylish household items.
Commenting on the deal, Ehab Kamel, the general manager, Retail Leasing at The Pearl-Qatar said, "The agreement is in line with our strategy of attracting new international brands to the island, essentially diversifying the shopping and dining experiences. It is aimed at finding the most important business partners who have a strong balance sheet and distinctive trademarks."
"Our endeavor at the moment is to focus on providing all what we had promised to our investors and residents, in terms of investment returns and services in this extraordinary Island," he stated.
"With commercial spaces of about two million sq ft ready at Porto Arabia and Medina Central, we will aggressively pursue our expansion plans by attracting leading global brands to open outlets here," added Kamel.
Describing the Pearl-Qatar as a unique and elegant shopping destination of world reputation and stature, Aly Delawar said: "We are confident that our global series of brands will contribute to the Island’s reputation as a destination for tourists and shoppers alike."
The Pearl-Qatar, he noted, was distinct from other shopping centers and malls, because of its upscale designs and entertainment facilities and services that offer world-class facilities to suit all families.
According to him, Al Siddiqi Holding is one of the most dynamic business group in Qatar, with a wide range of business portfolios that span from the hospitality industry to the world of fashion.
"It operates a number of luxury brands in the world of cuisine, such as "Biella ", "The Noodle House" and "Wafi Gourmet". The group also runs a fashion store chain- "Al Motahajiba ", specializing in the design of the Arabic traditional wear for women in the Middle East," added Aly Delawar.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices