Acer scores four design award wins
Dubai, February 13, 2014
Leading PC vendor Acer has won four honours at the 2014 iF Product Design Awards.
The winners will be honoured on February 28 at BMW World in Munich. It is being organised by the International Forum Design of Germany.
Acer’s Aspire R7 notebook and TravelMate P645 notebook (computer category), Liquid Z5 smartphone (telecommunications category) and K137 projector (audio/video category) were selected as winners among 3,249 entries across 17 categories by 50 global design experts, said a statement.
The design criteria taken into consideration included design quality, finish, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental impact, functionality, and universal design.
Michael Birkin, chief marketing officer, said: “We have focused intently on our design aesthetics and usability, in both hardware and software, to make our products more stylish and friendlier than ever.
“Winning the iF design award demonstrates that the international design jury, coming from different disciplines and not limited to the IT industry, has recognised and rewarded our efforts in these areas.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs