New Holiday Inn on the way
Dubai, September 10, 2007
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed an agreement with the Al Yaquob Group to develop a new Holiday Inn hotel in Dubai.
The new property in the Bur Dubai district of Dubai, UAE, is projected to open in the second half of 2008, and is one of 18 IHG hotels set to open in the country by the end of 2010.
The deal was signed by IHG Middle East & Africa chief operating officer John Bamsey and Al Yaquob Group chairman Daru Saifuddin Al Yaquob. Also present at the signing ceremony were Richard Hartman, managing director, InterContinental Hotels Group, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Al Yaquob Group chief executive officer Abdul Malik Al Yaquob.
Centrally located in the historic area of Dubai, Holiday Inn Bur Dubai will boast 400 rooms and extensive leisure and dining facilities including an all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge and rooftop health club. The property will also be the first Sharia-compliant IHG hotel in the UAE and this attribute is expected to attract both intra-regional business and leisure travellers.
While the hotel’s central position will provide visitors with easy access to the city’s cultural sites and thriving shopping, business and recreation facilities, the meeting space and business centre will cater to corporate demand from the banking and IT sectors, with the renowned Bank and Computers Street close by.
“IHG is committed to the expansion of the Holiday Inn brand across the Middle East and Africa, with 23 hotels planned for the region by the end of 2010. With Dubai expecting 40 million visitors by 2015, the hospitality industry must cater for a diversifying mix of traveller and therefore the need for an internationally-renowned brand offering modern facilities and unfailing dependability, service and value, is vital,” said Bamsey.
“The signing of this latest agreement is testament to the alliance IHG has developed with the Al Yaquob Group, with whom we are working on a number of promising projects across the region,” he said.
Established for more than four decades, the Al Yaquob Group is a family business originating from Dubai. The group has various business interests mainly in the hospitality and real estate sectors. Currently the group is focusing on hotel developments, and has launched its flagship property ‘Al Yaquob Tower’ located on Sheikh Zayed Road.
“Holiday Inn is one of the world’s most recognised hotel brands with a reputation for service, comfort and value, and we are very proud to partner with InterContinental Hotels Group on this project. Holiday Inn Bur Dubai will provide both business travellers and family groups with world-class, affordable accommodation and instant access to one of the most exciting destinations in the world,” said Al Yaquob.
With 1,384 hotels worldwide and 323 in the pipeline, Holiday Inn offers today’s business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service, modern facilities and excellent value. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers