Emirates gears up for Ahmedabad launch
Dubai , September 11, 2007
The Emirates wide-bodied aircraft in its distinctive livery will soon become a familiar sight over Ahmedabad skies.
Senior executives from the airline's headquarters in Dubai and Mumbai office are officially presenting Emirates' award-winning brands and products to over 500 travel and cargo agents at elaborate road shows ahead of its six-flights-per-week launch.
The Emirates delegation includes vice-president Commercial Operations West Asia and Indian Ocean Salem Obaidalla and vice-president India & Nepal Orhan Abbas amongst others.
Effective October 28, Emirates will power its Indian operation with the launch of direct, non-stop flights to Ahmedabad - the airline's ninth Indian and 95th global destination, and its fourth new route in 2007, after Venice, Newcastle and Sao Paulo.
The Dubai-based carrier which is on the threshold of one of the biggest and most exciting growth graphs ever witnessed by an airline will later this year launch services to Toronto (October 29) and Houston (December 3).
In celebration of the proposed new service, Emirates has introduced a special introductory return airfare of Dh1,380 ($375.7) to Ahmedabad on economy class. The fare is valid till November 30 and can be booked through any Emirates Travel Hub in the UAE or through preferred travel agents. Bookings can also be made via the airline's call centre on 04 214 4444 or online at www.emirates.com/uae
On the route Emirates will operate modern jets: the Airbus A330-200 in a three-class configuration of 12 first, 42 business and 183 economy class seats, and the Boeing 777-200 in a two-class configuration of 42 business and 304 economy class seats. Both offer industry-leading comforts including ergonomically designed seats, and personal entertainment systems in all classes.
EK538: Departs Dubai at 22:55 hours on all days except Tuesday and arrives in Ahmedabad at 03:10 hours the following day.
EK539: Departs Ahmedabad at 04:25 hours on all days except Wednesday, and arrives in Dubai at 06:10 hours.TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely