Danat Hotels plans major project in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 13, 2007
Danat Hotels and Resorts will undertake a major property development on a premium coastal plot at Abu Dhabi’s Capital Centre.
Capital Centre is a Dh8 billion business and residential micro-city being constructed around the new Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec). Danat Hotels and Resorts is a division of the National Corporation for Tourism & Hotels.
The signing ceremony, held at Adnec, was attended by Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, chairman of Adnec and the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), Abdulla Khalfan Al Romaithi, managing director of the National Corporation for Tourism and Hotels (NCT&H); and other prominent government officials and Adnec executives.
"Capital Centre serves as the cornerstone of our strategy to develop Abu Dhabi into a key business tourism destination. I am therefore delighted to see the start of a new development by Danat Hotels and Resorts. This will be a major element of Capital Centre and will benefit of the millions of visitors who will come to the destination over the next few years,” said Sheikh Sultan.
The Danat project will be located on a 10,360 sq m plot along the Al Khaleej Al Arabi coastal road across from the waterfront Marina Zone, with a built up area of up to 60,000 sq m. Upon completion, it will join the Capital Centre's impressive line-up of hotels, residential and commercial towers, retail zone, stunning marina and other mixed-use developments that will enhance the local landscape.
“This development will add value to the Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Events (MICE) industry's development in Abu Dhabi, and we are confident that our plans for this prime plot will exceed expectations,” said Al Romaithi.
Danat Hotels and Resorts boasts a high-profile portfolio of luxury hotels that includes two five-star resorts – Danat Resort Jebel Dhanna located 250 km west of Abu Dhabi City in Ruwais, and the Al Raha Beach Hotel, the first five-star deluxe boutique hotel in Abu Dhabi. It also owns the InterContinental Abu Dhabi and InterContinental Resort in Al Ain, and manages the Liwa Hotel and Mirfa Hotel, four-star deluxe hotels located in Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips