January opening for new Westin hotel in Dubai
Dubai, September 20, 2007
The new Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina will open on Dubai's Beach Road in January.
The management has already recruited 60 per cent of the staff needed from India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Thailand, Russia and Uzbekistan, Ko van den Hil, hotel manager, was quoted as saying in a Khaleej Times report.
"We are in the process of recruiting hotel staff from other countries, and we're planning to visit more countries to hire more employees," he said, adding that Morocco, Poland and the South American countries of Brazil and Venezuela are being considered.
With an estimated budget of Dh400 million, construction of the Westin hotel and resort started two years ago and is set for completion by next month, after a delay of four months due to some changes in design.
Situated on a 1.2 km beachfront, the new Westin will have 293 rooms, a large ballroom, five restaurants and four bars, and a 140-metre swimming pool by the beach. It will have 11 meeting rooms to accommodate various business functions.
Set for formal opening on January 3, the hotel will start in November a two-week training for its supervisors and middle managers, who will in turn train the other staff members.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares