January opening for new Westin hotel in Dubai
Dubai, September 20, 2007
The new Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina will open on Dubai's Beach Road in January.
The management has already recruited 60 per cent of the staff needed from India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Thailand, Russia and Uzbekistan, Ko van den Hil, hotel manager, was quoted as saying in a Khaleej Times report.
"We are in the process of recruiting hotel staff from other countries, and we're planning to visit more countries to hire more employees," he said, adding that Morocco, Poland and the South American countries of Brazil and Venezuela are being considered.
With an estimated budget of Dh400 million, construction of the Westin hotel and resort started two years ago and is set for completion by next month, after a delay of four months due to some changes in design.
Situated on a 1.2 km beachfront, the new Westin will have 293 rooms, a large ballroom, five restaurants and four bars, and a 140-metre swimming pool by the beach. It will have 11 meeting rooms to accommodate various business functions.
Set for formal opening on January 3, the hotel will start in November a two-week training for its supervisors and middle managers, who will in turn train the other staff members.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction