Ryanair says to launch 70 new routes
London, October 2, 2007
Irish budget airline Ryanair said on Tuesday it would launch 70 new routes across Europe in October.
The firm said it would launch new routes from Barcelona, Dublin, Dusseldorf, East Midlands (central England), Liverpool, Madrid, Pisa and Stockholm, and open two new bases in Belfast and Valencia.
A spokesman said the airline now had 556 routes and that the 70 new ones included a few reopened for the winter season.
'Most of it is growth,' he said of the 14 percent expansion in Ryanair's route network. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief