Emirates orders 131 Airbus aircraft for $31.7bn
Dubai, November 11, 2007
Emirates airline has ordered 131 Airbus aircraft in a deal worth $31.7 billion that includes 70 of the European planemaker's latest A350 model, the Dubai-based carrier said in a statement on Sunday.
Emirates has the option to purchase a further 50 A350 aircraft, it said.
Emirates also ordered 11 A380 superjumbos from Airbus. It had signed initial agreements for eight of those planes earlier this year. -Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc