Amadeus launches specialised solution in Bahrain
Manama, December 9, 2007
Amadeus, has launched the Amadeus Professional Package, a solution designed to address the specific needs of the independent travel agencies in Bahrain.
Amadeus Professional Package is based on Amadeus Selling Platform and consists of a low fare search and built-in productivity tools, access to checkmytrip.com, and customer profiles. The user-friendly solution offers both, an intuitive easy-to-use graphical for beginners and a cryptic interface for experienced users.
The first browser-based, point-of-sale platform, Amadeus Professional Package is designed to help travel professionals focus on selling and developing customer relations rather than just concentrate on bookings. It also offers travel agents access to Amadeus’ vast travel inventory.
Amadeus Professional Package automates the independent and small-sized agency’s time consuming tasks on booking flights, hotels, travel insurance and rent-a-car solutions, and allows travel agents to focus on customer service and business profitability.
The solution allows travel agents to take advantage of new opportunities, compete effectively against online travel agencies, sell more high commission and high value travel products; controls costs and reduce administration workload.
“As the larger travel management companies continue to consolidate and the mid-market is increasingly the realm of the online travel agent, smaller, niche travel agencies have a real opportunity to assert their individuality by offering specialised, personal service. To do this successfully, independent travel agencies need cost-efficient access to business tools, which can help them, work more efficiently and more profitably. This has been the main reason for the launch of this tailored solution,” said Ghulam Saleh Al Bloushi, general manager, Amadeus Gulf.
With the Gulf strengthening its position as a preferred destination for both business and tourism, the rise in inbound and outbound travellers will have a direct influence on travel agencies and the services they provide to their multi-ethnic customers.
“The Amadeus Professional Package will enable smaller travel agencies to deliver a truly made-to-measure experience to their customers in Bahrain. We have also put together a detailed training session on the use and implementation of the Amadeus Professional package for the travel agents,” added Al Bloushi.—TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers