Gulf Hotels Group posts $6.3m profit
Manama, May 6, 2008
Gulf Hotels Group made BD2.429 million ($6.3 million) net profit in the first quarter of this year, against BD1.843 million in the same period last year, an increase of BD586,040 or 31 per cent.
The group, which owns and operates the Gulf Hotel, Gulf Convention Centre, Gulf Executive Residence and Gulf Brands International, announced that in the first quarter of this year it achieved a gross operating revenue of BD6.924m in comparison with BD6.267 million achieved in the same period last year, with an increase of BD656,683 or 10.48 per cent.
The significant growth in revenues and net profit has increased the earning per share to 18 fils, compared with 13 fils in the same period last year.
Chief executive officer Aqeel Raees said that the refurbished facilities and car park had helped to achieve the excellent results.
He added that the work on the multi-storey car park and offices building is underway and is expected to be operational in July next year and the renovation of the Gulf Hotel Health Club will start very soon.
Chairman Farouk Almoayyed thanked the management and staff of Gulf Hotels Group for their efforts in improving the hotel facilities and endeavours to increase the company's revenue sources and bottom line profit.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home