Burj Al Arab bags second consecutive Ultra award
Dubai, May 15, 2008
Burj Al Arab, the world’s most luxurious hotel and part of Dubai-based luxury hospitality group Jumeirah, has won top honours at the Ultimate Luxury Travel Related Awards (Ultra's) 2008 held in Park Lane, London.
The iconic Burj Al Arab was awarded 'Best Hotel in the Middle East' for the second year running at the gala lunch, while sister properties Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah were also recognised as runners-up for the much-coveted title at the prestigious ceremony.
This was the second annual Ultratravel 100, a consumer-driven survey in Ultratravel magazine (distributed monthly with the Daily Telegraph in the UK) to find the leading airlines, resorts, hotels and travel companies in 20 ultimate luxury travel categories.
Marco Nijhof, senior vice president Jumeirah, Gulf Region, commented: “We are very proud to have been awarded this esteemed title for a second year running.'
'At Burj Al Arab, as with the rest of the Jumeirah Group, we are truly committed to our guests, and our promise to Stay different.' We would like to thank readers for their support and recognition and all of our Jumeirah colleagues for their continued hard work and dedication to surpass guest expectations,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort