Sama resumes flights to Beirut
Riyadh, May 20, 2008
Sama Airlines, the newest low-fare carrier in Saudi Arabia, has announced that it will resume its international flights between Saudi Arabia and Lebanon from tomorrow (Wednesday), with 6 flights per week.
Sama became the first airlines to depart from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon less than a week after the reopening of Rafiq Hariri International Airport.
Sama Airlines will operate 6 flights to Beirut, three from Jeddah (Sunday, Monday, and Friday) and three from Riyadh (Sunday, Wednesday, Friday) at fares starting from SR525 ($140).
Andrew Cowen, Sama chief executive officer said: 'We at Sama Airlines believe in the importance of Lebanon as a major destination, either for work or tourism.'
'We are pleased to take the decision to resume our direct flights to Beirut, departing from Riyadh and Jeddah, as the first airlines based in Saudi Arabia and to resume its flight to Lebanon,' Cowen added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai