JBR hotels to offer 1,375 rooms
Dubai, May 25, 2008
Global hospitality brands - Amwaj Rotana Resort, Accor Sofitel and Movenpick - will together provide over 1,375 rooms at the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) hotel towers, it was announced today.
Complementing the premium hospitality developments, Dubai Properties, the developer, has also finalised the concept design and outline plans for four membership-based beach clubs and two community gyms, providing a range of advanced health and leisure facilities to the JBR community, said a statement.
Dubai Properties is a subsidiary of Dubai Properties Group and a member of Dubai Holding.
Mohamed Binbrek, CEO, Dubai Properties Group, said: “The presence of renowned global chains at the JBR development locks in with our long-term strategy to create a diversified portfolio of world-class real estate projects in Dubai. Our focus remains linked to unique value generation while adding niche upscale components to Dubai’s hospitality sector.”
The first of the beach clubs, scheduled for opening in end 2008, will be located at the refurbished site of JBR’s sales centre and managed by a world class operator. The two community gyms, which will also see an end-2008 release offering free access to all JBR residents, will be located at the Rimal and Bahar sector of the development.
Binbrek added: “With the beach clubs now poised to take shape, we have moved one step closer to moulding JBR into a fully-integrated residential community. The facilities will also position JBR as a unique community development offering the highest density of fitness facilities within one location.”
Dubai Properties has additionally begun work on a 500-bay open-air parking area that will ease traffic and provide convenient access to the retail walkways and residential towers of Shams, Amwaj, Rimal, Bahar, Sadaf and Murjan. Two landscaped walkways are also in the process of taking shape, providing unhindered and private access from the JBR residential components to the beach.
Set to open by Q4 2008, the hotels will follow the opening of the Walk, JBR’s own double-storey outdoor shopping destination that will be the largest outdoor retail area in the UAE, featuring over 400 outlets, the statement said.
Jumeirah Beach Residence is the first freehold master development by Dubai Properties. As the largest single phase residential development in the region, 98 per cent of the sold residential units have already been handed over to its residents, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas