Bahrain Air set for debut IATA summit
Manama , May 31, 2008
Bahrain Air, the Kingdom’s only premium low priced carrier will take part for the first time in the IATA’s World Air Summit, the 64th annual general meeting (AGM) which begins in Istanbul on Sunday.
This is the debut show for Bahrain Air in the international and regional assemblies, said a Bahrain Air official.
Majeed Al Maarij Bahrain Air, regional general manager of GCC, Yemen and Indian subcontinent is heading a team of senior managers to the IATA event.
Over 600 representatives from IATA's member airlines, industry associate partners, international and regional associations, leading manufacturers and industry suppliers attend this meeting annually, accompanied by a large media contingent.
In addition to the statutory obligations, the formalising of industry positions and the evidencing of airline unity, the AGM provides a focus for emerging industry issues and a forum for members to meet and network.
Majeed Maarij said it was a great opportunity for Bahrain Air to participate in this summit, which is considered to be the most important international specialized summit in the aviation sector.
IATA is the global trade organization of the air transport. IATA`s mission is to represent, lead and serve the airline industry. Its members comprise some 240 airlines the world`s leading passenger and cargo carriers being among them representing 94 per cent of scheduled international air traffic.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE