Gulf Air, Bahrain expo firm tie up
Manama, June 9, 2008
Gulf Air and Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA) have entered a strategic alliance aimed at boosting the kingdom's position as a leading destination for corporate meetings, incentive travel, conferences and exhibitions.
Gulf Air chief executive officer Bjorn Naf signed the agreement with Beca's acting chief executive officer Debbie Stanford-Kristiansen.
'As the only national carrier of the kingdom, we are constantly looking at ways to promote Bahrain to the world and bring the world to the kingdom and I am very pleased with our strategic alliance with Beca, which will surely have a significant and positive impact on this initiative,' said Naf.
Stanford-Kristiansen said she was delighted with the partnership with Gulf Air, which following the signing makes the airline the official carrier for nearly three dozen Beca events in Bahrain.
'This strategic alliance is an effective mechanism for Bahrain to gain access to more markets as both parties are dedicated to the highest standards in all areas of our operations and are committed to making the overall customer experience the most enjoyable possible at every level,' she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens