Air Arabia launches Shiraz flights
Sharjah, June 11, 2008
Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle East and North Africa, has added Shiraz, Iran to its list of destinations.
The service will commence from June 25 initially and the airline will operate four times a week between Shiraz and the Air Arabia’s hub iSharjah.
Shiraz is Air Arabia’s second destination in Iran, the other being Tehran. Air Arabia will fly to Shiraz on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, departing Sharjah at 9 am and arriving at Shiraz at 10:30 am.
Return flights will depart Shiraz at 11:15 am and arrive in Sharjah at 11:45 am. Shiraz is Air Arabia’s 41st destination worldwide.
“The opening of our newest destination in Shiraz reflects the importance of the Iranian market as a whole to Middle East travel,” said Air Arabia commercial department head A K Nizar. “With flights to both Shiraz and Tehran, Air Arabia serves the commercial and technological centres of Iran, and provides the people of those cities complete access to our comprehensive Middle East destination network, our high-quality of service and our competitively priced fares.”
Shiraz is a key technology hub for Iran, and a popular tourist destination. For centuries it was renowned for its contributions to the arts, particularly in the areas of poetry and handicrafts and is located in the southwest of the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office