Airbus wins $1.6bn Saudia Arabian order
Farnborough, UK, July 14, 2008
European planemaker Airbus won a firm order for eight A330-300 widebody aircraft from State-owned Saudi Arabian Airlines, Airbus said at the Farnborough Airshow.
The deal is worth about $1.6 billion at list prices.
"The Airbus A330-300 is the right aircraft for our ambitious fleet renewal plans," Saudi Arabian director general Khalid Al Molhem said in a statement.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria