TDIC inks key pact with Troon Golf
Dubai, August 26, 2008
The Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) of Abu Dhabi, has signed a strategic partnership deal with Troon Golf, a leading golf course management, development and marketing company, a report said.
The technical services and operations pact is for developing a 'best-in-class' golf destinations network across Abu Dhabi, according to a Gulf News report.
'We are currently designing a compelling golf development programme which will add further credibility to the emirate's sports destination proposition. The programme will substantially enhance Abu Dhabi's golfing credentials,' said TDIC chief Lee Tabler.
'With a portfolio of over 200 courses worldwide, including Scotland's famed Ailsa course at Turnberry, home to next year's Open Championship, Troon Golf has the expertise to assist the delivery of our golfing facilities,' he added.
TDIC owns the Abu Dhabi Golf Club, which is managed by Troon Golf. The club hosts the annual European Tour-backed Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, and is developing the Abu Dhabi Golf Course Hotel, Residences and Spa destination alongside the club, he added.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc