Amadeus unveils new self-booking tool
Dubai, September 23, 2008
Amadeus, a leading technology and distribution partner for the travel and tourism industry, has launched the latest version of its corporate self-booking tool, Amadeus e-Travel Management, which includes an unused ticket trader feature.
The new unused ticket trader fully automates the entire process of managing unused air tickets from 26 airlines. This will bring significant cost savings for corporations and productivity efficiencies for travel management companies by making refunding bookings easier and quicker.
The feature allows travellers to easily submit any previously unused domestic and international tickets towards payment of a new reservation and automatically calculates the fare for the new booking, including all applicable refunds, charges and taxes.
'Given the current economic scenario the unused ticket trader in version 11.2 will offer some much-needed cost efficiencies to corporations,' said Frank Palapies, Amadeus’ head of Global Commercial Operations.
“In addition, Amadeus has made the most of its global presence by tapping into its local development centres to deliver direct benefits to corporations’ travel departments worldwide. With this new version, companies will now have access to essential local air content through Amadeus e-Travel Management,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification