Diyafa World boosts InterCon stake
London, September 27, 2008
A Dubai government holding, Diyafa World Limited, has increased its holding in the world's biggest hotel company InterContinental Hotels Group to 4.23 per cent, the hotelier said.
The Dubai group is an existing shareholder of the British hotelier and earlier this week increased its holding above three per cent and then over four per cent, but there was no indication from whom it bought the shares.
'We regard them as long-term investors,' an InterContinental spokesman said.
InterContinental's biggest shareholder are the billionaire Barclay brothers who hold a 10 percent stake. The brothers have been the source of bid speculation for the hotelier in the past.
InterContinental shares were up 0.29 percent at 692 pence in a lower London stock market by 1410GMT.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief