Emirates Palace Hotel targets US tourists
Abu Dhabi, September 28, 2008
The Emirates Palace Hotel's marketing blitzkreig in key US cities has paid off, according to a senior hotel official, a report said.
The hotel completed a series of roadshows to promote the property to the leisure and business travel market in the US, Hans Olbertz, the hotel's general manager, was quoted as saying in the Gulf News report.
The promotion covered New York, Washington, Chicago and Los Angeles and was attended by Reto Witwer, president and general manager of Kempinski Hotels.
'Witwer has presided over talks with a number of leading tourism players in the US,' stated Olbertz.
'CEOs of travel and tourism companies in major US cities were satisfied with the tourism facilities, infrastructure and incentives in the UAE,' he added.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project