Golden Tulip to open hotel at Amwaj
Manama, September 29, 2008
The Golden Tulip Hospitality Group is to open its second hotel in Bahrain, at Amwaj Islands, it was announced.
The Amwaj Gateway Development Company (AGDC), a subsidiary of RealCapita, has signed a contract with the group for the Royal Tulip Hotel to open in the project's central tower, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
It will consist of 20 floors, in addition to adjacent townhouses.
'The hotel will provide a wide range of facilities and services to guests of the main tower and the townhouses,' said AGDC board chairman Mohammed Al Tawash.
'Guests will have the option to choose between views overlooking the sea from the hotel or enjoy direct access to the sea from the townhouses.'
The selection of Golden Tulip followed a study of its services and features, said company managing director Qais Al Maskati.
'The group has extensive experience in hospitality, whether in Bahrain, the Middle East or across the globe, it is one of the first hotels that established the concept of hotel hospitality,' he said.
'Our co-operation with the group is the beginning of strategic relationship, which may include other projects in the future.'
Al Maskati added that RealCapita was currently considering establishing a private company to manage the hotel as its first project, followed by other hotels on other projects in Bahrain.
'The long-term plan is to place the project on the Bahrain Stock Exchange Market in the future.'
Also present at the signing ceremony were Golden Tulip Hospitality Group vice-president Abbas Al Haj and senior vice-president and Middle East-South Africa managing director Amine Moukarzel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely